Before you give your permission for the removal of teeth, removal of impacted teeth (those that are “buried” or beneath the gums) other dental treatment, or the administration of certain anesthetics, you should understand that there are certain associated risks.
1. Drug reactions and side effects
2. Damage to adjacent teeth or fillings
3. Postoperative infection
4. Postoperative bleeding that may require treatment
5. Possibility of a small fragment of root being left in the jaw, and its removal, requiring extensive surgery
6. Delayed healing (dry socket) necessitating frequent postoperative care
7. Possible involvement of the sinus during removal of upper molars, which may require additional treatment or surgical repair at a later date
8. Possible involvement of the nerve, including but not limited to the removal of lower molars, resulting in temporary or possible permanent tingling or numbness, or pain of the lower lip, chin or tongue on the operated side
9. Bruising and/or vein inflammation at the site of administration of intravenous medications, which may require further treatment
10. In rare circumstances, breakage of the jaw
11. As a result of the injection or use of anesthesia, at times there may be swelling, jaw muscle tenderness or even resultant numbness of the tongue, lips, teeth, jaws and/or facial tissues, that is usually temporary. In rare instances, such numbness may be permanent.
Thank you for entrusting your dental treatment to Derry Village Dental Care. It is an honor for us to have been selected by you to do so. Our service philosophy is to be informed, honest, and fair. This Financial Agreement demonstrates our appreciation for your right to know ahead of time what our financial expectations are. Please contact our office of you have any questions or issues regarding our Financial Agreement.
We will happily submit your claims and accept assignment of dental insurance coverage as a favor if you agree to the following: